28.11.10

Broken Up

About 2 months ago Jen broke up with me.  We made it 5 amazing years.  I still love her dearly but life seems to be pulling us in different directions.  With time things are improving and they hurt less.  Life is looking up in other areas which helps and I've moved back to the midwest where my support system is helping me transition to this new life on my own.  I grow less angry and knit together my broken heart a little more with each day.
I'm functioning quite well actually.  I have a new job at long last that i enjoy. I'm living with college buddies.  Applying for college again.  Finding solace in learning to accept that there are only so many things I can control in my life.  Letting go of dreams focused on her and the angry and hurt I've been left with.  Rebuilding my life from scratch hoping to make it all work out, which things always do.
Largely I'm questing and finding peace among the rubble of lives past.  Approaching life as a less serious entity but something to play with and flow along with when needed.  Riding out the pain and clinging to the wisps of dreams I'm beginning to create.  My friends have become my family and I find myself treasuring them more than I ever thought I could.
Making it through bit by bit.  Cooking love is on hold because the foundation on which it was built is suffering.  Sorry for the disruption. 

No comments:

Post a Comment